Sunday, September 28, 2014

Homeward Bound! - Day 7

This morning was filled with anticipation as we prepared to spend the day with our daughter.  We didn't really know what we were going to do, but just hanging out was going to be fun!

First stop.....breakfast....


and when it finally came, somebody was very, very happy......:-).



She was pretty happy too.....ha




I ate mine before I took a picture......ha


Next stop......Hey!  There's Pier 1 Imports!

I think we spent almost two hours in this store......haha.  I could not believe she left with NOTHING!!
hahaha......wow.  But it was fun...:-).


Then we drove around and found a mall to explore and decided we needed some coffee..... It was a bit bitter.


it was a fairly large mall which reminded my daughter of an airport mall for some reason.



A quick trip to the rest room revealed this picture of the city name on the wall in the hallway.



then we decided that we would scour around for some furniture; checking various shops trying to find some vintage pieces.  Across the street from one of the store was Sony Picture Studios!  I could not believe it.  

And Columbia Pictures......:-)


The place was massive!  I could not even get the whole thing in my lense.



But I tried.  Wow...  When we drove by I saw a glimpse of a movie "street" complete with houses....
very cool, indeed.


This shot was taken facing in the opposite direction.....


We took our daughter back to her place to drop her bags off and decide on dinner.



After riding around and snapping a few pics and having a hard time finding parking......



We settled on a place called James Beach.  Very nice place......:-).


Here is a shot I caught before it filled up.



I ordered a chicken cobb salad.....


Our daughter ordered some  Salmon Sashimi...... (I'll pass on that, thank you very much)....



And Chris ordered some kind of a crab salad......



After dinner, it was time to take her home and prepare to hit the road tomorrow.  We had a great time with her and are looking forward to seeing her and her sister together some time soon....:-).



See you on the road!


5 comments:

Pastor Chris said...

We had fun didn't we. The Angeles basin has the same population as Canada. James Beach was awesome. What a fine job they did with dinner. Time for bed came too soon.

Dar said...

Your daughter is lovely! I bet the visit felt too short. Hope the rest of your trip home is just as lovely as your visit with your kiddo was.

Tripping Sister! said...

Hey Dar,

we had fun although we were dog tired! She just moved into her place and we were on the hunt for furniture for her new place. Now, she kinda has an idea of what she wants although we didn't buy anything. I will be glad to get home. We hope to be there by Wednesday.

Trobairitz said...

What fun to live in SoCal where everything is happening. I too would be in awe at the size of the studios/movie places.

Glad you had a great day with your daughter.

Tripping Sister! said...

Trobairitz,

I wish I had been able to actually go inside and see the inner workings of things. I know that the television serious Psych has large portions of it filmed in Vancouver. A friend of ours just retired last month from working on a movie set there.